BMACH Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Where is my relative, friend who works for the Army Medical Department, former doctor, high school classmate, etc.?

If you are an Army family member with an emergency requirement to reach a soldier-relative, contact your local chapter of the American Red Cross for assistance. We are prohibited by law and/or regulation from providing addresses, phone numbers or e-mail addresses for active-duty, Reserve or National Guard medical command personnel, retirees who served with the Army Medical Department, or for other personnel or retirees.

How can I find out about opportunities in the Army for qualified healthcare professionals (doctors, nurses, technicians, etc.)?

Access information about joining the Army Healthcare Team at U.S. Army Recruiting Command. Information on each Army corps (Dental, Medical, Medical Service, Medical Specialist, Nurse and Veterinary) and points of contact are given there.

What are the addresses of Army medical treatment facilities? How can I reach them by phone?

Check the Army Medical Command’s Web site, which provides information for many regional Medical Facilities. If an address and phone number are not available for the specific facility you need, contact the appropriate Regional Medical Command for help.

How can I locate my Medical Records?

Requests for medical records of care in a U.S. Army medical treatment facility vary according to your circumstances. Refer to the National Personnel Records Center.

How can I get a copy of my Birth Certificate?

Birth certificates are not part of the medical record.

— If you were born in the United States, your state of birth maintains these records. Check the Web site of that state or the state government pages of a local phone book for information on vital statistics.

— If you were born overseas in a military facility to at least one parent with U.S. citizenship, the U.S. Department of State should have a record of your birth. Visit the State Department for full information on how to make your request, what information to include and payment of associated fees.


How do I file a complaint of Prohibited Personnel Practices (PPPs) to the Office of Special Counsel?

Prohibited personnel practices (PPPs) are employment-related activities that are banned in the federal workforce because they violate the merit system through some form of employment discrimination, retaliation, improper hiring practices, or failure to adhere to laws, rules or regulations that directly concern the merit system principles. For more information visit the Office of Special Counsel website at .